REAL ESTATE LAW
Our services include:
Negotiation, analysis and structuring of and preparation of documentation for commercial, industrial and residential real estate transactions:
- Purchase, lease and sublease agreements,
- Tax-deferred exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Condominium projects and condominium association representation,
- Zoning, planning and land use issues,
- Build-to-suit agreements, options to purchase, rights of first refusal,
- Sale/leaseback transactions,
- Easements and restrictive covenants,
- Gifts, licensing and dedications of real estate,
- Foreign investment,
- Purchases from bankrupt and Chapter 11 debtors,
- Construction and land development,
- Curing defective titles,
- Environmental compliance and liability, and
- Landlord and tenant matters.
Counseling clients regarding critical issues arising with each transaction:
- Zoning, planning, environmental and building code issues,
- Special assessments and prospective public improvements/zoning changes,
- Water use and access rights (riparian rights),
- Tax planning and price allocation issues,
- Infrastructure and mechanical systems,
- Assignments of leases and rents,
- Subordination, non-disturbance and attornment (SNDA) agreements, and
- Mineral rights.
Counseling real estate professionals regarding:
- Listing agreements
- Dual agency issues, and
- To negotiate terms of real estate sales transactions.
Litigation and Restructuring
Our Ann Arbor, Birmingham and Detroit real estate attorneys provide experienced litigation, bankruptcy, foreclosure, receivership and loan work-out services, as well as engage in restructurings and reorganizations.
Our Real Estate attorneys