Berry Moorman was founded on values of trust, loyalty, and commitment to its clients. Nowhere are these more important than in the complex and ever-changing area of family law.
At Berry Moorman, we understand both the legal and emotional issues involved in family law cases and the need to handle each case with sensitivity so that you are comfortable and confident during every stage of the representation. We offer many years of experience advocating for clients of diverse backgrounds, and are always mindful of the stress family changes impose on the client, and we are at all times focused on the welfare of any children involved.
Our Firm was founded on values of trust, loyalty, and commitment to its clients, and nowhere are these more important than in the complex and ever-changing area of family law. Which is why our goal in every case we handle, is to protect our client’s interests by providing the highest standard of skilled and aggressive legal representation.
Our Family Law Attorneys are known for handling high-stakes divorces, and for keeping our clients’ cases private. For many years, our Family Law Practice Group has been helping business people and their spouses through complex divorces, while helping families achieve amicable divorce while ensuring our clients receive their fair share.
Our Family Law Attorneys strive to make sure that the outcome of your divorce or other family law matter allows you to move forward with your life.
With careful planning, complex family law matters can be resolved with creative solutions, and while we seek to avoid lengthy public courtroom drama, sometimes it is necessary to resolve a case and achieve the result you need.
In matrimonial and other domestic matters, we have the benefit of drawing upon the many practice areas of our Firm as issues arise in family law matters related to real estate, tax, corporate, estate planning, and other areas of the law. We work closely with our other practice areas to provide informed and insightful counsel.
Our Michigan Family Law Practice includes the following full range of experienced and caring family law services:
- the divorce process
- complex divorce matters
- separate maintenance
- domestication of foreign judgment
- expert witnesses
- appraisals of high net worth estates
- abuse prevention orders in domestic violence
- financial disputes between couples
- property division
- asset valuation
- debt division
Custody, Parenting Time and Child Support
- child custody including interstate custody disputes
- parenting time
- child support
- child abuse/neglect
- termination of parental rights
- change of domicile / parental relocation
- abuse prevention orders and domestic violence
- changing schools and school districts
- jurisdictional dispute
- mother’s rights
- father’s rights
- grandparents’ and stepparents’ rights
- unmarried couples with children
- parenting coordinators
- guardians ad litem
- Spousal support (alimony)
- enforcement of judgment/court orders
- modification of final judgment (e.g. child support, spousal support, child custody and parenting time plans)
- post-divorce estate planning including wills and trusts
Business Owners: Valuations
- asset and liability division
- business valuation issues
- family-owned or closely-held businesses
- complex business valuations
Health and Family Law
- parent/child issues
- child therapists
Pre- and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- prenuptial/postnuptial agreements and enforcement
- asset protection plans
- restraining orders, injunctions, and orders of protection (personal protection orders)
- contempt actions / violation of orders
- martial tort claims (assault, abuse, fraud, emotional distress, transmission of STDs)
- probate law
- real estate law
Family Law Mediators and Arbitrators
- mediation and arbitration
- alternative dispute resolution
We take into account the client’s long-term needs as they relate to other areas of law such as business, real estate, tax, corporate, pension, probate and estate planning and serve each client with skilled, aggressive, and creative legal representation that responds to the unique requirements of each case. The client comes first, and we are committed to working towards a fair and equitable conclusion to the proceedings. If you are considering or are already involved in a family law action, you should speak with one of our experienced attorneys to learn about your legal rights and how you can protect your interests.
Our Family Law Practice Group represents clients throughout Southeast Michigan, including in Oakland County, Wayne County, Macomb County, Genesee County and Washtenaw County.
For more information and a confidential consultation, please contact one of our Birmingham, Detroit, and Ann Arbor, Michigan family law attorneys.
Be careful if and when you light up, or otherwise consume, marijuana, as you may get burned. In spite of shifting legal and cultural norms, using recreational or medical marijuana can work to your disadvantage in divorce and/or child custody/parenting time cases.