Foreign-based businesses have special needs in establishing operations in the U.S. We assist our foreign-based clients in meeting their objectives so they can compete most effectively in the business marketplace. Among other services, we provide assistance in connection with acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing arrangements, the organization of American subsidiaries and immigration matters. We represent clients conducting business in numerous foreign countries and represent a significant number of foreign-based companies in their operations in the U.S.
We are singularly well-positioned to serve clients interested in doing business in Russia, the Ukraine and the Newly Independent States.
Through our affiliated office in St. Petersburg, Russia and our Russian-trained and speaking lawyers, we have special expertise in representing clients in that region of the world.
Among other significant projects, in the past several years, we:
- Represented a multi-national European-based fabric manufacturer in the purchase of a Southern United States-based manufacturer in a related industry.
- Negotiated supply and finance agreements between a Russian company and Archer-Daniels-Midland, Whirlpool, Grand Metropolitan and Eurobake.
- Advised a European-based corporation in the negotiation of a technology license and the formation of a joint venture with a domestic automotive supplier.
- Negotiated and drafted distribution agreements in the U.S. and several European and Asian countries on behalf of a European-based corporation.
- Assisted a U.S. corporation in the establishment of European subsidiaries and in the formation of a joint venture with a European partner.