Our attorneys are particularly well-positioned to serve clients interested in doing business in the UK, Europe and Eurasia and have over 50 years of combined experience doing business in these markets.
Foreign-based businesses have special needs in establishing operations in the U.S. We assist our foreign-based clients in meeting their objectives so they can compete most effectively in the business marketplace. Among other services, we provide assistance in connection with acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing arrangements, the organization of American subsidiaries and immigration matters. We represent clients conducting business in numerous foreign countries and represent a significant number of foreign-based companies in their operations in the U.S.
Representative Strategic Alliances, Joint Ventures and Supply Agreements:
- Negotiated favorable supply and finance agreements between Russian clients and Archer Daniels Midland, Whirlpool (U.S.), Grand Metropolitan (UK) and Eurobake.
- Represented an alcohol and spirits company in a joint venture agreement to create an alcoholic drinks trading company and bonded warehouse. Partners included ALKO of Finland and Felix Solis Bodegas of Spain.
- Negotiated and prepared distributor agreements for a U.S. equipment manufacturer for territories in Eastern Europe.
- Corporate Law and Finance – The International Law Practice Group provides advice, documentation, office registration and general corporate, international corporate, and corporate finance services to our clients.
Representative Corporate Law and Finance Transactions:
- Supervised preparation of a feasibility study for a U.S. commercial equipment manufacturer seeking to enter the Eastern European market.
- Prepared a feasibility study for the relocation of an Eastern European corporation to Vienna, Austria, and its re-registration as an Austrian holding company. Analysis included the assessment of relative tax advantages of several European, American and off-shore jurisdictions.
- Prepared Executive Summary of issues in entering the Eastern European market for a U.S. computer company.
- Formed and acted as general counsel for a U.S. metals trading company operating exclusively in Eastern Europe.
- Handled all employment matters for an unincorporated association of enterprises in Eastern European.
Randy Wright recently had the privilege of attending the annual Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund gala held at the Townsend hotel in Birmingham, Michigan. The annual event was a resounding success, raising thousands of dollars for the organization and honoring the...
Congress passed the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) on January 1, 2021, which will require certain small businesses to identify and disclose information about their owners. The purpose of the law is to help stop money laundering by inhibiting the abuse of shell...
The Law Firm of Berry Moorman P.C. provides legal representation and services in matters ranging from estate and succession planning, to labor and employment, tax, business formation and growth, mergers and acquisitions, financing and contractual transactions, family...